About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie Fitzpatrick. I am now in my 30's and living in Central KY with my hubby Tyler, and our crazy, adorable poodle, Rolen. I am a Christian and am so thankful to my Savior. He's has blessed me beyond what I deserve. I love cooking, baking, and traveling. Grand Cayman is our favorite beach, and Disney World is the BEST place on Earth! Been TTC since 2015. We have had 2 successful Embryo Transfers through IVF, but sadly my first pregnancy ended at 20 weeks when I went into preterm labor and we lost our son. This blog is a little insight into our IVF journey, plus possibly recipes, ramblings, home projects and whatever else I fancy.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spinach Smoothie

You are probably thinking "Spinach smoothie? Has she lost her mind?!"  No I have not.  I hate eating spinach, really any kind of leafy texture grosses me out.  I don't love to eat salads, so I decided to blend up my salad.  By adding in some fruit, you don't taste spinach, but still get all the great health benefits of the spinach.

What you need:
1 c. fresh spinach
1 c. almond milk
1 (heaping) c. frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
1 banana

Start by blending the almond milk, spinach and banana together until you can no longer see any specs of spinach and the mixture is a bright green color.  Next add your strawberries and blend on high until they are broken down.  The mixture will be a dark purple color. By using frozen strawberries there is no need to add ice.  Occasionally I will also add some ground flax meal for some added health benefits.

Enjoy!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Never rely on what you think you know.  Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way.
Proverbs 3:5&6 (GNT)




No comments:

Post a Comment