About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie Fitzpatrick. I am now in my 30's and living in Central KY with my hubby Tyler, and our crazy, adorable poodle, Rolen. I am a Christian and am so thankful to my Savior. He's has blessed me beyond what I deserve. I love cooking, baking, and traveling. Grand Cayman is our favorite beach, and Disney World is the BEST place on Earth! Been TTC since 2015. We have had 2 successful Embryo Transfers through IVF, but sadly my first pregnancy ended at 20 weeks when I went into preterm labor and we lost our son. This blog is a little insight into our IVF journey, plus possibly recipes, ramblings, home projects and whatever else I fancy.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

We love chicken pot pie in our house! It is one of those comfort dishes that reminds me of my childhood.  As an adult I have made my own adjustment to the biscuit topped version my momma used to make.  As bad as I'm sure it is for us, we love our pot pie baked in pie crust.

You will need:
¤2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped up (I like to season mine with salt, pepper, and onion powder, then roast in the oven)
¤1/2 cup frozen peas
¤1/2 cup frozen corn
¤1 can of carrots
¤1 can of potatoes (I like to buy the whole ones and chop them up...I like the texture better)
¤pie crust(s) I buy refrigerated, because I do top and bottom and there are 2 to a package. Feel free to make your own if you wish.

Now you need something to bring all this together...
¤4 T butter
¤4 T flour
¤2 1/2 cups chicken stock-salted

First melt butter in a saucepan; add flour and stir to combine...it will look like paste. Let this cook for a minute or 2 so you don't get a raw flour taste. Add your chicken broth is slowly while stirring/whisking.   Stir often so the bottom doesn't burn. Will bubble and thicken and thats when you want to take it off the heat.

Toss your chicken and veggies into a mixing bowl and then pour the sauce over it. Stir to combine; add pepper and onion powder to taste. Line your pie plate with bottom crust then add your filling, then top with second pie crust. Brush the top with an egg wash and cut slits for the steam to escape.  Bake at °350 until the pie crust is golden brown and filling is starting to bubble through the slits in the top...this is normally 30-45 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment