About Me

My photo
My name is Stephanie Fitzpatrick. I am now in my 30's and living in Central KY with my hubby Tyler, and our crazy, adorable poodle, Rolen. I am a Christian and am so thankful to my Savior. He's has blessed me beyond what I deserve. I love cooking, baking, and traveling. Grand Cayman is our favorite beach, and Disney World is the BEST place on Earth! Been TTC since 2015. We have had 2 successful Embryo Transfers through IVF, but sadly my first pregnancy ended at 20 weeks when I went into preterm labor and we lost our son. This blog is a little insight into our IVF journey, plus possibly recipes, ramblings, home projects and whatever else I fancy.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chicken & Bacon Tart

So my friend Melanie brought this AMAZING pizza thing to our small group Christmas party.  We all loved it and wanted the recipe.  I made it for dinner last Friday night, and we have finished it off over the past three nights.  It is so good!!!! I don't think I can stress that part enough!  The combination of sweet and savory is amazing!  Well I hope if you endeavor to make this you will love it as much as we do!

Here is our ingredient list:
1/4 of a pound of bacon strips, cut into thirds...or crumbled up, whatever you prefer.
2 md. sized apples, thinly sliced...I used Honey-crisp, and I think they added an insane layer of flavor.
9 oz. of roasted chicken breast, cut up.
1/4 c. of orange marmalade jelly...I will admit I put more than that in.
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1 sheet frozen puff pastry that has been thawed
3/4 c. shredded cheddar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 T. minced fresh parsley..I omitted this, purely out of laziness.


1.Cook the bacon; when done, drain on paper towel and reserve about 3 T. of the bacon drippings.

2.In the drippings saute your apples until they are tender.

3.Stir in jelly and let it thin out a little, then stir in cooked chicken pieces, thyme and salt.


4.Unfold puff pastry and on a floured surface, roll to a 10x9-in rectangle; transfer to a 15x10-in baking        sheet lined with pastry mat or parchment paper and prick with a fork.

5.Spread chicken mixture over puff pastry to within 1-in of the sides.  Sprinkle with Cheese and pepper 
and bake for 10 min.

6.Add bacon and bake 5-10 min. longer or until golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle with parsley.
Enjoy! :)

Proverbs 2:2-6
Listen to what is wise and try to understand it. Yes, beg for knowledge; plead for insight.  Look for it as hard as you would for silver or some some hidden treasure.  If you do, you will know what it means to fear the Lord and you will succeed in learning about God.  It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment